BOLLE topmodeller anvender TRIVEX!
Polycarbonate vs. Trivex Lenses: A Quick Comparison
Here is a brief comparison of polycarbonate and Trivex lenses to help you decide which lenses might be best for you:
- Thickness. Polycarbonate has a higher index of refraction than Trivex (1.58 vs. 1.53), so polycarbonate lenses are about 10 percent thinner than Trivex lenses.
- Weight. Trivex has a lower specific gravity than polycarbonate, making Trivex lenses about 10 percent lighter than polycarbonate lenses.
- Optical clarity (central). Trivex lenses have less internal stress and may produce sharper central vision than polycarbonate lenses.
- Optical clarity (peripheral). Trivex lenses have a higher Abbe value and may produce sharper peripheral vision with less chromatic aberration than polycarbonate lenses.
- Impact resistance. Polycarbonate and Trivex lenses have comparable impact resistance.
- UV protection. Polycarbonate and Trivex lenses both block 100 percent of the sun's UV rays without the need for special UV-blocking lens coatings.
- Availability. Polycarbonate lenses are available in a wider variety of lens designs (e.g., progressive lenses and other multifocals) than Trivex lenses.
- Cost. The cost of polycarbonate and Trivex lenses can vary considerably, but many optical stores charge more for Trivex lenses than polycarbonate lenses.
Bollé delivers the highest quality sunglasses and goggles for performance and protection.
At Bollé we are constantly refining our trademark combination of fit, fashion, and comfort, resulting in some of the freshest and most technologically advanced eyewear in the industry.
Our polycarbonate lenses are made from premium grade resin, resulting in a lens that is 20 times more impact resistant than glass and three times lighter, with unrivaled precision and clarity. Available in polarized and non-polarized.
B-Clear lenses offer unrivaled optical quality. Lighter than polycarbonate, these lenses allow for larger designs and fuller coverage - giving you enhanced protection from the elements without the added weight that can slow you down.
modulator polarized - oleophobic / antifog
an innovative combination of lens technologies
4 related Technologies:
Our polarized lenses align light rays from the sun, giving you a crystal clear view at all times. So whether it’s sea, trout stream or road, you’ll be able to see what’s really ahead.
No fogging on your eyewear under any circumstance. Not only repels the fog that clouds your vision but is simply revived by an application of moisture. Available on all Bollé® Polarized 8 base models.
Oleophobic treatment on the outside of the lens. Forget about dirt, grease and waterspots, this coating stops it before it sti